CONVERGENCE JOURNALISM FEATURE STORY




In ecom, we got to create a feature news story about someone in the class that was a unique story. At first we choose to interview Drew S, but we didn't get to because everyone in the class didn't have any audio. So we had to pick a new person and we choose Olivia G about her experience with cheer. In the beginning, we had to create 21 different questions to ask the subject and we had to come up with them as a team. Olivia was in our group so she helped us a bunch on questions to ask her about her experience so the questions were even better. When we were just trying to come up with ideas, it was hard to figure out a good person without stealing them from another group. That's how we just decided to choose someone in our group.

When it came to storyboarding, we worked collaborative. During the filming process, we came to a problem with sound and voice over work. Nobody in the class had it at first and then we filmed again with no sound. So we came in earlier a third time and it didn't work so we did 100% of voice over work. It was hard to match our subjects voice to the video. In the end it turned out as good as it would for our problem. My role was the video person, I learned that you should always check the mic before filming and use headphones to make sure you can hear your subject. To edit I used Premiere-Pro, and it is a good software to edit on for making good quality videos.

I would of used our time better overall for the entire project. We all could of used our time better when it came to trying to film b-roll or just the interview. Also, the sound situation could of been taking better and we all should of asked questions than just assuming what we were doing was right. I would of still edited the same way that I did because I liked how it was set up. I liked how the voice over work was with what we had to work with. I enjoyed working with the people in my group and this project. I can say that we all learned many different things to do and many things not to do, to do better next time.

Comments