Semester review

Semester Final

My main project was to film and inform people about the new laptops every student got. This didn't take a long time but during the time period we were given, we had to go film the launch happening at that time. While we were down there, we got to film one of the librarians to see what her thoughts on the laptops were. Some of the challenges we faced was when we were setting up for the interview and we wanted to make sure the sound was working so we got her answers. We had to mess with it for about 5 to 7 minutes but then we got it to work. I learned that everyone in the group need to equally do the work instead of just a couple of people doing the work. Caitlyn helped me with the editing and she gave me feedback with how I should piece all of the clips together. We all worked together to figuring out what and when to exactly do all of our work. Our video turned out very well with the quality and editing.

In class I used my time wisely because we had a short time table with all of the deadlines needing to be completed. Each of our group members needed to do something like editing, filming, voice over work, and the interview. It helped that we did it that way with one person doing on thing and then others would help and give feedback. I stayed productive with all of the assignments needing to be done and we finished on time with how it all worked out. We could have just talked to one of the computer tech people downstairs to get more information to have more facts in our voice over. we could of also interviewed more than one person like a student and have the librarian. We did all of this in our class time with staying on task. 

My strengths are in directing and helping people and giving them feedback. To maximum my strengths I need to be surrounded by a good group of people that gives good feedback and we build off each others works and thoughts. I need to improve with how I could let others give more ideas and share the floor better. I was more of the director in our ONW Sophomore edition for ONW NOW and I think that it fit me well but our entire group shared most of the roles which was good. 

Summary

I loved anchoring for the news desk in ONW NOW and thats what I hope to do next year. I wouldn't really change how well it went when we filmed the show because it went pretty well. It takes time to understand and do really well with filming this show. My goal is to enjoy doing this because not everyone gets this opportunity. 

Comments