Vector project



Pre-production

When I was working on my vector portrait I originally did my dog but in the end it was such a challenge for me. My dog has a lot of hair that was all over the place which was hard to trace. I loved working with this project but wanted to do something else that I would really like. I decided to choose my neighbors baby and I loved loved loved tracing a person instead of an animal because it just felt a little easier to work with. We had to first put our original photo into Photoshop and edit it down to fit better. Also when we were preparing the art-boards, we had to create two and change that setting in the beginning in Illustrator. I really liked working with all the different details in a person instead of a dog because you can work better with the persons face shape, hair, and clothes a lot easier and better.

Production

When creating this in Illustrator, I knew a lot of the tools already because I have used Illustrator before this, but I got to use the tools in a different way that I haven't ever been able to. I got to go into details with looking at a picture and making it vectored which I really liked doing. At first, I didn't have anything organized in my layers panel and started working and probably got half way having to go back and organize the hair, background, ect. into there right spots. I focused on getting the key parts of her face and shapes with her clothes first and then went back more in detail to make it look more realistic. I really like doing the patterns in the background and they clothes because I liked how I could start to do it and then go and hit the fill color to see what it looked like from a far.


Post production

I am happy with how the final came out as because most of the parts with it are really cool to see from next to each other. I really liked how the overalls and pattern background came out with the two pictures side to side. If I had a little extra time, I would go back and add more details in the face with the different colors and with the shirt under the overalls and add the plaid pattern on it.

Comments