Exploring Video Final



Note to Self

This project was one of our biggest projects we worked on all this year. We had to create a short film and start everything with fresh new ideas. This project took about a month to do but before we got our teams we worked alone. First thing we had to do was create a storyline and what we wanted to happen in the story. Every person made one along with a script and then we had to present our stories in-front of the entire class. After everyone presented we voted on which ones we liked the best which was on a Friday. Everyone came back on Monday to their groups and we formed our groups. I got to do a spooky/thriller film. We had to do a story board, script, and production schedule for pre-production. We finished everything on time or even a little earlier and we could start filming. Filming took a week and editing took about a week also. Some of the challenges I faced was trying to learn a new story and do the story boards but it honestly helped in the end for multiple people to really understand the piece. I learned that communication is key and it really helps to have a production schedule to get everything filmed. We got really good feedback with how our color looked to give it the dark look even though we filmed it in the light. We changed some of the lighting throughout the film with it being either to red or maybe to blue. I really think this is my best work over this entire year and I'm happy that I learned so many new things throughout this year.



Love Simon Trailer

For this assignment, we were suppose to recreate a movie trailer of a high school movie. For one of the things we had to do for Pre-Production was we had to pick which ever movie we would like to recreate. When I was look for a movie trailer to do, I didn't want to do one that had a lot of party scenes and looked really fun to do. I choose Love Simon because I thought it would be fun to film and cast all of the scenes. When we got our groups our group was a really strong group to work with and we started right then and there to looking through the entire trailer over ad over again. We had to also do storyboards of each scene in Pre-Production along with casting. Casting was one of our biggest struggles for figuring out someone who would be able to fit the role and have the commitment. Will fit that role very well, we could of done the time commitment part a little better but we worked with what we had.

 When coming to the deadline, it was a challenge not just for our group but everyone to try and get all the scenes. In the end, we had to cut a couple of scenes because of how time came about. For Post-Production, we had to edit and get all of our clips organized and together. For this part, it was hard to keep everyone doing something when editing is really only a one person job to do at a time but we got around it and got people to do things like get the background music and go through and help critique the editing. I learned that in the beginning when scheduling filming that you need to be ready to work and put in the effort as a group not just one person.


Overall Class

I used my class time wisely to get everything done on the deadline and not after. I came in during lunch, before, and after school to complete everything on time. I helped out in about every area or assigned role throughout my groups to help get the work done. I used all the time I got in class and even had to use it outside of class also. Outside of class I watch videos or just watch movies and realize all the different really good shots. If I would complete a project before it was done I would start on whatever the next project would be in pre-production.

I would say that I could improve on how I would director or whatever role I have and maybe get different opinions on what I could do better from everyone. I loved how collaborative our class was this year and how everyone was comfortable with everyone. I would maybe change how much drama there was this year. I feel like everyone could of worked better this year and how much people should treat others better some of the time.

Comments