ONW NOW Thoughts

Thoughts

To create a good news broadcast you have to have a good team of people that can work together and have well teamwork skills. When we filmed our edition of ONW NOW, we had a good team that pushed and powered through everything. Everyone was giving their 100% best to produce a good show and honestly we did. The anchors at the main desk stayed super strong throughout it all even though this was their first time doing all of this. It is hard to go in-front of a camera and just read a script and make it look good, but they just did that. When I watched from the live recording, I never knew exactly how game-day was set up. I was an anchor for game-day and I enjoyed it because I didn't have to say a lot but I like to say something in front of the camera. 

When you have to take over the teleprompter, it's way harder than it looks because you have to go through all of the clips to play on the go. I know that it needs time and practice to get it right for making the show go super smooth. Along with the teleprompter, there is the microphones for the anchors that you have to deal with and sound checks. When you switch to a story, you have to turn off both of the microphones so you only hear the story's voice over work. It can be hard to do because all of this is all really new for everyone but like I said before it will all just take practice.

The production of ONW NOW involves different types of directors, we have to listen to what they have to say. When we filmed the live show, the floor director was good about getting our attention for knowing exactly what we need to do. Directors are one of the most important rolls to have when producing this type of show. I enjoyed creating this show and anchoring, but anchoring takes a lot to be able to go up in-front of a camera and just talk and make it look easy. I hope to be able to do this next year and get better to make it look way easier than it is.

Comments