Music Video




For our music video, we choose the song Love Myself by Hailee Steinfeld and it portrayed a message of loving yourself and focus on yourself. We wanted to portray an upbeat and strong message to our audience. Most of the clips in the music video is multiple people dancing around but more of b-roll of the main character. We knew that we wouldn't be able to get that so we had to find a way around that and we just couldn't completely remake the music video. We also assigned roles for everyone in this video. I was the main person and director. Olivia was the main character and helped with making sure the shots looked good. Cade was our camera person that set up all the shots and got the footage. Ethan was our editor and was there to help where ever it was needed.

Along the way, I learned that its important to keep a positive and up going personality no matter what tries to bring you down. My group went through a lot of ups and downs, with a lot of that being communication problems which is where my group started to fall apart a little bit. But with the help of my teacher we came threw and talked as a team and understood each other. For our music video, we had to go out a lot of places to get more of a city feel and look. We went to downtown Olathe because there was a lot of tall buildings and looks that we wanted which was also close.

In all, I took over the leadership role and took the project management parts into my hands which was a lot for one person. In the end someone had to complete the work and I wanted this to be a successful and good looking at the end of the production. Throughout I gained more of my groups commitment into this project to helping and putting in the time and effort to get this done on time. I would work more on the communication skills because you need to make sure everyone is on the same page because without that your project could go downhill very fast. I will take the skills that I discovered I could truly do by myself in the leadership part of things and help with applying those in my next project.

Comments